Nissan Bel Air Nissan - Nissan dealer scam on repairs, does not honor warranty

May 20, 2012
review #319608

Took my 2004 Nissan Murano to Bel Air Nissan in Maryland after calling because my Service Engine Soon light came on, they said it was Catalytic Convertor and was under warranty (8yrs or 80K miles) so bring it in for repair.I took it to Bel Air Nissan and they called me the next day to tell me that the warranty for my repairs had expired a few weeks before and repair not covered and quoted me $3950.00 for repairs or I could trade the vehicle in on a new Nissan and they would work up an appraisal.

When I went to pick up vehicle my car and keys were not in the Service department but being held by a salesman so I had to go and have them try to sell me a new car instead of just giving my keys back. They offered me $6500 trade in, but vehicle has absolutely nothing wrong physically and should book value for $11K...what a deal...not! Told them if Nissan Corp would not stand behind their warranty I would NEVER purchase another Nissan as long as I live. I was contacted the next day by Nissan wanting me to take a survey and I told them what had transpired and they assured me they would have someone contact me.

Sure enough I was called by someone in the Service Dept at Bel Air Nissan, the same people that tried to scam me into purchasing a new car...what a joke.

So I called 1-800 Nissan1 myself and talked to customer service...told them everything that had happened and also told them that if Nissan would replace the Catalytic Convertor I would pay for the other repairs (Tires Cupping, and Possible Ignition coils) and I would be a happy customer.But they took a few day s and called me back yesterday to inform me that they will do NOTHING to assist in this since even though I was under the mileage limit the warranty had ended 5 weeks prior...what a bunch of ***, this is how they serve their customers...well I will tell EVERYONE I know to NEVER buy a vehicle from JONES Junction Bel Air Nissan in Bel Air Maryland and certainly NEVER buy a Nissan product.

970e575
Had an experience with Nissan Bel Air Nissan?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Robert

Oct 30, 2013

I did some research on this because I have had a similar concern on my vehicle and found out that the 8 year/80,000 mile warranty is not Nissan, it's on every vehicle and is administered by that manufacturer but is paid by the Federal Government. They don't have any flexibility when it comes to time and mileage unfortunately. :-( Don't take it out on Nissan, it's the "other guy" in this scenario.

bee

May 30, 2012

I went to jones in Belair too. I heard metal tapping drivers side front of the car. They told me that a metal heat shield was hanging and it needed to be replaced.They said they had a lot of parts that needed to be removed and it will cost me $976.00.They said that they took the shield off and i needed to get this fixed right away.Honda only charged $226.00,the shield was never removed all i needed was brackets and a gasket replaced.

AAA

May 20, 2012

Normally, "Service Engine Soon light" tell you time for oil change. I dont know why the dealer tell you that is "Catalytic Convertor". :? :? :?

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Nissan Bel Air Nissan.
Filing a new complaint about
×